Wednesday 17 April 2013

Carrick-a-rede rope bridge


And another national trust property - we were on a roll today! We made the 1 kilometre journey to the rope bridge, which I have to say I wasn't entirely looking forward especially not with the wind we had been having. But the scenery definitely made the walk to the bridge worth it and seeing a lovely rainbow at the end of it all, was great. I don't think I spent more than 20 seconds on the bridge compared to Paul who sailed over it with no problem!
 
I cant believe back in the day they only had one hand rail and they held on while carrying their fishing equipment and catch from the day, no thank you!


Snaps from our walk
 

Me holding on for dear life
 
Pretty rainbow - the pot of gold was just there!

 

 
Trying to get a nice picture of the sheep...
 
Next minute she turned her back on me and this ended up being the photo





 


2 comments:

  1. What do they say in theatre, young children and animals will do what they want, know that feeling - great shots - yes the bridge would have the same affect on me, but not Nic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated that bridge too really scarey when your uncle rocked it while I was walking across it

    ReplyDelete